31 GST state code is representing the GST state code for Lakshadweep in India. 31 is the two-digit code. And It is used as the first two-digit in the GSTIN No of a taxpayer of Lakshadweep. It is used for the identification of the state or UT.
For example– A Taxpayer who is doing business in Lakshadweep and has a business place in Lakshadweep. Now he will get a GSTIN No after GST Registration Online. Such as 31AACCF8045D1ZM, in this GSTIN No, you will see that the first two digits are representing Lakshadweep. It means this GSTIN NO belongs to Lakshadweep and has a business place or location in Lakshadweep.
Contents of this post
What is GST State Code for Lakshadweep?
GST State Code for Lakshadweep is 31 and has values under the GST system in India. This is the first two digits of a GSTIN NO of a taxpayer belonging to Lakshadweep. And having a place of business in Lakshadweep.
|GST STATE CODE||STATE|
For the 31 GST State code example, check out the below image here first two digits indicate the state code of Meghalaya -17 and if you see 31 at the place of 17 then it will indicate the GST state code of Lakshadweep as 31AACCV9022B1Z2.
31 GST code of which state?
- 31 GST State code belongs to Lakshadweep in India.
- It will be available in GSTIN No of the GST taxpayer of Lakshadweep only.
- 31 GST State code represents the first two digits in GSTIN No.
- It will not represent any other State because it belongs to Lakshadweep
- you can identify the GSTIN No belonging to Lakshadweep if you will see the first two digits are 31.
Where can I find the GST code for Lakshadweep?
You can find the GST state code for Lakshadweep under the list of GST state codes which is available on GOOGLE or on the GST Portal. Because it is usable for the identification of the state of any GST taxpayer who is doing business in India.
We have also available a list of GST state codes. And you can use it for searching your GST state code just by visiting the list available below
|S.No||State Name||State GST Code|
|1||Jammu and Kashmir (UT)||01|
|25||Daman and Diu||25|
|26||Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT)||26|
|34||Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT)||35|
What is the difference between the Lakshadweep State code and the Lakshadweep GST state code?
This is the difference between the Lakshadweep state code and Lakshadweep GST state code-
|Lakshadweep GST state code||Lakshadweep State code|
|Represents the first two digits of GSTIN No of Lakshadweep||Represents a short form of Lakshadweep|
|It is used in GSTIN No only for identification of the state or UT||It can be used anywhere in written or oral as a short form of Lakshadweep|
Faqs on Lakshadweep GST code
The GST code 31 represents Lakshadweep in India.
The GST code 31 is used to identify businesses, taxpayers, and transactions associated with Lakshadweep for Goods and Services Tax (GST) purposes. It helps in ensuring proper tax administration and compliance within the state.
A GST number represents a taxpayer of a state in India. So for example, A taxpayer Suny Gupta in Lakshadweep has GST Number-31DKKPS2852A1ZM.
No, the 31 GST code specifically corresponds to Lakshadweep. It should be used only for transactions occurring within the boundaries of Lakshadweep.
It’s essential to use the correct GST state code for accurate reporting and compliance. If you use the GST code “31” for transactions outside Lakshadweep, it may lead to incorrect tax calculations and non-compliance with GST regulations. It’s advisable to use the correct state code for the respective state where the transaction occurs.
It indicates the code of gst referencing a particular state in India. So 31 is the code of Lakshadweep State for identifying a GSTIN no of Lakshadweep.
- HSN code for fish and crustaceans, mollusks
- HSN Code for Meat and edible meat offal
- HSN Code for live animals under GST
- GST Council Members: Name list, Portfolio & About
- Aligarh District
- GST payment online: how to pay GST (updated)
- GST Login ID Password
- MAHAGST login- How to login mahagst.gov.in
- GTT Order: What is GTT order in Trading?
- LLP Full Form
- Exceeds arrangement meaning for cheque bounce
- EXCEEDS ARRANGEMENT (2)- REASON OF CHEQUE RETURN
- 110053: List of Post Offices having Pin Code 110053
- Liquidation of company-Company Liquidation meaning in India
- UAN Number: What is the role of UAN No in EPF
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.