To add name in birth certificate online in Delhi, you need to get the birth certificate without name first. Then you can apply online at home without visiting anywhere. But you have to follow the steps to add a name to the birth certificate of your child.
Contents of this post
What are the steps to add a name to a birth certificate online in Delhi?
These are the easy steps to add a name to a birth certificate online in Delhi-
- First of all, visit the official site of MCD Delhi-http://mcdonline.nic.in
- Then, on the MCD portal just click on the online services tab
- Then, a pop-up window will show just select and search your area by zone, ward, or colony (by choosing any one)
- After searching, click on Registration of Birth/ Death
- Then a citizen portal will show to log in or register. If first time user then register yourself first.
- Now login with your mobile
- Then Birth and death registration portal will show
- Here, you need to select the option-Birth Registration if- Birth happens at home
- And if the birth happens in a hospital or nursing home then click on search old data and print the certificate of the child (without name certificate).
- After finding without name certificate, you need to apply for a name add in birth certificate.
- Now for adding the name, just click on the actions button and select add child name option.
- After that, a form will show, just enter the name of child in the required name field and check whether other details are ok or not.
- If all details are ok then attached the required documents such as the mother’s Aadhar, the father’s Aadhar, the child’s hospital card, or the vaccination card of the child.
- and submit the form with the required payment.
- Now the health inspector will check all the documents and details to give approval.
- Finally, after approval of the application, your birth certificate will be available to download.
- Then you can download and can print it.
Pdf for Steps to add a name to the Birth certificate online in Delhi
What is a birth Certificate?
A birth certificate is an official document issued by a government authority that records the details of a person’s birth. It is typically issued shortly after a person’s birth and serves as legal proof of their identity and citizenship.
What types of information are shown on the birth certificate?
These are the pieces of information provided in a birth certificate-
|Full Name||The full name of the person born, including first, middle, and last names.|
|Date of Birth||The specific date when the person was born.|
|Place of Birth||The location where the person was born, including the city or town, state or province, and country.|
|Gender||The government authority or agency is responsible for issuing the birth certificate.|
|Parent’s Names||The full names of the person’s parents, including both mother and father.|
|Parent’s Occupations||The occupations or professions of the person’s parents.|
|Parent’s Nationalities||The nationalities or countries of citizenship of the person’s parents.|
|Registration Number||A unique identification number assigned to the birth registration.|
|Registration Date||The date when the birth was officially registered.|
|Issuing Authority||The government authority or agency responsible for issuing the birth certificate.|
|Seal or Stamp||An official seal or stamp that authenticates the birth certificate.|
|Additional Information||Sometimes, additional information such as the attending physician or midwife, birth weight, and any remarks or annotations may be included, depending on the jurisdiction.|
How long does it take to add a name to a birth certificate in Delhi?
The processing time to add a name to a birth certificate in Delhi can vary. It may take several weeks to a couple of months for the changes to be reflected in the birth certificate. The exact duration depends on factors such as the workload of the authorities and the completeness of the application.
Faqs on how to add a name in birth certificates online
Documents required such as Aadhar of the Mother and father, Hospital patient leaving certificate, and child vaccination card or other details as per requirement.
Yes, the MCD website usually provides an option to track the status of your application. You can use the provided reference number or other tracking details to check the progress of your application online. You can log in again to track the application status.
Yes, there is a fee for adding a name to a birth certificate in Delhi. The fee varies depending on the specific circumstances and may be subject to change. The fee charges will vary on the bases of how late you are applying for adding a name.
Yes, you can make corrections to a birth certificate online in Delhi. The process is similar to adding a name and involves submitting the required documents and application form through the MCD website.
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.