E-Invoice API Developer’s Portal is a portal or website where the taxpayer will report all Business to Business (B2B) invoices to GST System as e-Invoicing or electronic invoicing. This portal enables/provides Developers or System integrators of the taxpayers to understand the interfacing processes of the e-Invoicing system with their business systems.
And the GST Council has approved the implementation of ‘e-Invoicing’ or ‘electronic invoicing’ in a phased manner for reporting of Business to Business (B2B) invoices to GST System, starting from 1st January 2020 on a voluntary basis. Being the first Invoice Registration Portal (IRP), National Informatics Centre has made the e-Invoice registration services available through API mode, in addition to other modes.
The taxpayers and GSPs can integrate their business systems and processes with the e-Invoice system through these APIs for seamless registration of the invoices, generated/prepared on their systems.
Contents of this post
What is the purpose of the e-Invoice API Developer’s Portal?
These are the purposes for making the e-Invoice API Developer’s Portal–
- Developers or System integrators of the taxpayers to understand the interfacing processes of the e-Invoicing system with their business systems.
- Registration of the users to access the APIs
- API Documentation
- Understanding / Testing the API methods through the sandbox portal. Through this portal, the developers can simulate the use of APIs, end-to-end.
What are the benefits of this e-invoicing API?
These APIs provide the following benefits to the TaxPayers and GST Suvidha Providers (GSP)-
- These provide seamless integration of the ERP/Accounting system of the taxpayers with the e-Invoice system.
- The taxpayer can record the IRN and ACK number, of registration of e-Invoice at GST System, on their system online.
- This will avoid duplicate or double entry of invoices. Generally, the taxpayers enter the sales details in their computerized system and generate the invoice. The same data can be passed on to the e-Invoicing system to generate the Invoice Registration Number (IRN).
- This will eliminate the errors that can occur during data entry for e-Invoice.
- The one-time entry of e-Invoice will act as an input for the generation of the E-Way Bill and the ANX-1 easily later.
- E-Invoice system provides a 24/7 self-help service.
What are the credentials for the API of the e-invoicing?
- E-Invoice API has two sets of credentials – Client Id and Client Secret, and User Id and Password.
- Client Id and Client Secret are provided to the Service Providers like GSPs, and User Id and Password are provided to the taxpayers based on GSTIN.
- If the taxpayer is enabled to access the API directly, as notified by the NIC IRP for the category of taxpayers, then they will get Client Id and Client Secret. The Client Id and Client Secret, provided to the taxpayer, can be used for his PAN India. That is, the Client Id and Client Secret can be used by the notified taxpayer for all his sister concerned GSTINs, which have the same PAN.
API Credentials for Production
- The GSPs and notified taxpayers, who are already accessing the E-way Bill APIs on production, can use the same Client Id and Client Secret, and Username and Password for e-invoice APIs.
- GSPs and Notified taxpayers, who are not having the API credentials in E-way Bill System, will be provided the credentials after completion of the onboarding process.
- As GSPs are service providers, they wouldn’t be provided the username and password credentials.
- Notified taxpayers can create the username and password credentials on the e-invoice production portal after logging into the system. This option is available in user management and it will happen after OTP authentication.
- The notified taxpayer, if he/she is not accessing the API directly, he/she can choose the GSPs through whom he/she wants to connect to the API system while creating the username and password.
- If the sister concern of the notified taxpayer is having access to the API system. Then he can connect through him/her by registering while creating the username and password.
- These credentials have to use to access the e-invoice system for generating the IRN directly from the taxpayer’s system.
API Credentials for SANDBOX
- GSPs and notified taxpayers, have to register on the sandbox portal to get the Client Id and Client Secret. They have to click the login link on the ‘API sandbox portal’ and click on the Register button.
- Here, the system requests to choose the category – GSP or Taxpayer, and PAN of GSP or GSTIN of the taxpayer. Also, the registered mobile number and email id while registering for GSP with GSTN or GSTIN on GST Common Portal.
- After verifying these details and the OTP sent to the registered mobile number. The system generates the Client Id and Client Secret and sends it to the registered mobile number.
- Next, the GSP can generate the dummy GSTINs based on the state and his PAN
- and create the username and password for these GSTINs. GSPs can generate multiple user names and passwords for the same PAN with a different state. In the case of the taxpayer, he can directly create the username and password for his GSTIN.
- These credentials can use for direct API testing. And also these credentials can use to log in to the API developer application to understand the process of API interface steps and verification.
- HSN code for fish and crustaceans, mollusks
- HSN Code for Meat and edible meat offal
- HSN Code for live animals under GST
- GST Council Members: Name list, Portfolio & About
- Aligarh District
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.