Fastag-As we know there is a long queue seen in toll plazas due to the toll plaza collection system in India.
That’s why in order to solve the problems caused by the toll collection system at toll plazas,
The NHAI i.e National Highways Authority has introduced an electronic toll collection system which is known as Fastag.
This Fast tag scheme was first introduced in India in 2014 which became popular slowly and slowly everywhere in India at toll plazas.
By using Fast tag, the passengers with their vehicles will be able to pay toll plaza tax with no need to stop at the toll plaza point.
For this, all you have to do is to attach a Fast tag card on your vehicle which you can get from any official tag issuer or directly from your bank which is supported.
Contents of this post
How Fast tag is beneficial in the toll plazas collection system?
The user can get many benefits by using Fastag at the toll plazas for example-
- Ease of payment because anyone does not have to stop to pay cash at the toll plazas and you can save time too.
- Cash-back offer: Fast tag usage gives 10% cashback on all the Toll payments across India in the first year.
- Online Recharge – Fast tag can be recharged online through various modes Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking.
- Ease of Tracking – SMS alerts for every transaction at toll plazas.
- Online Portal for customers
- The fast tag has 5 Years of validity.
- And there will be no long queue of vehicles
- Faster transit.
- No need to carry cash for toll tax if Fast tag is available.
What is the definition of Fastag?
FASTag is a device that works on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it.
It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions.
The tag can be purchased from Tag issuers and if it is linked to the prepaid account, then you need to recharge/top up the tag as per your requirement.
FASTag is acceptable across over 490 National Highways toll plazas and selected 39+ State highways toll plazas.
One lane in every toll plaza is being dedicated FASTag lane where no other form of payment is accepted.
The other lanes, though FASTag enabled, can accept other forms of payment too.
How Fastag works on toll plazas?
First of all, This Fastag is attached to the windscreen of your vehicle. There is a chip in this Fastag which uses Radio Frequency Identification i.e RFID.
And when your car comes nears toll plaza, the sensor on the toll plaza will automatically deduct the amount of toll from your Fastag account and you will have no need to stop there.
This Fastag will start working immediately, once your prepaid account is activated.
You will have to recharge your Fastag account again when the balance in that account ends up.
What are the documents required for Fastag?
If you want to purchase Fastag then you will have to provide some copies of documents of the vehicle with an application such as
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport Size photo of the owner
- KYC documents of the vehicle owner and any documents that contain the address of your home such as passport, voter id, Aadhaar card.
- TDS rates section-wise for current F.Y. (updated)
- Golden Rules of Accounting: Basic rules of accounts
- What is Insurance?
- Documents Required for GST Registration
- Contingent Liability-Meaning with Examples
An Accountant, GST Practitioner, GST blogger, Website Developer, SEO Builder & Ceo & Co-founder of website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Company.