Udyam Registration Number
Udyam Registration number is a 19-digit unique identification number provided by the government to all MSMEs (Micro, Small Medium Enterprises). This number will be given to the businesses, that will register on Udyam Registration Portal online. before, this portal was known as Udyog Aadhar. Any company which comes under the definition of MSME needs to obtain the 19-digit Udyam registration number for their enterprises for getting different types of benefits from the government.
Here on our best blog, you can know more about the Udyam registration number just check out below-
Contents of this post
What is ‘Udyam Number’?
Udyam Number is basically a 19-digit unique number obtained upon registration on the Udyam registration Portal online. It works as a Udyam identification number of an enterprise that is registered as a Micro, Small, or Medium type of enterprise. So you can say Udyam Number is Udyam Registration Number, 19 digits Udyam Number, or Udyog Aadhar Number.
What do you mean by Udyam Registration?
Udyam registration means an online process and steps to get a unique identification number for your enterprises which can be a micro, small, or medium. And on registration, an enterprise can utilize many types of benefits provided by the government through the Udyam registration portal.
What is the format of the Udyam Registration Number?
As you know, It is a 19-digit unique number as per the above definition. The format for the UDYAM Registration Number is
|✓ First 5 Letters||UDYAM|
|✓ Then 1 Symbol||–|
|✓ Next 2 Digits||State Code|
|✓ Then 1 Symbol||–|
|✓ Next 2 Digits||City Code|
|✓ Then 1 Symbol||–|
|✓ And the Next 7 Digits||Numerical number|
What are the benefits of Udyam Registration?
These are the benefits of registering for an enterprise-
- Easy Bank Loan up to 1 Cr without Collateral/ Mortgage.
- 1% Exemption on the interest rate on Bank Overdraft (OD).
- Concession in Electricity Bills.
- Protection against delay in payment from Buyers.
- Special Preference in Procuring Government Tenders.
- The licenses and certifications are easily approved without any hassle.
- Tax Benefits such as direct tax exemptions and subsidies from the government.
- Reimbursement of payment for obtaining ISO certification.
- Exclusive consideration for participating in International trade fair/ Domestic fair/Regional fair.
- Reservation of products for exclusive manufacturing.
- 25 % Reservation for MSMEs in Public Procurement Policy.
- Reimbursement of funds from central and state govt. schemes
- Exemption of participation fees in Tender and preference in the allocation of govt.orders
- Testing centers for MSMEs.
What are the features of Udyam Registration?
These are the important features of Udyam Registration-
- This registration is optional, not compulsory.
- Udyam registration in India is free, paperless, and based on self-declaration.
- Udyam Registration in India is a fully facilitated system by the Government
- Any micro, small or medium enterprise for the purpose will be termed as Udyam and its Registration Process will be known as “Udyam Registration”
- A permanent Udyam registration number will be given after registration.
- After completion of the process of Udyam registration, a certificate will be issued online.
- This certificate will have a dynamic QR Code from which the web page on our Portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed.
- The renewal for Udyam Registration is not required as it is a one-time activity.
- Our single window systems at Champions Control Rooms and at DICs will help you in the process.
- The registration process is totally free. No Costs or Fees are to be paid to anyone.
- No documents or proof are required to be uploaded for registering an MSME. Only the Aadhaar Number will be enough for registration. But having PAN & GST number is mandatory from 01.04.2021.
- PAN & GST linked details on investment and turnover of enterprises will be taken automatically from Government databases.
- Those who have EM-II or UAM registration or any other registration issued by any authority under the Ministry of MSME will have to re-register themselves.
- No enterprise shall file more than one Udyam Registration. However, any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added in one Registration.
- The online system is fully integrated with Income Tax and GSTIN systems.
Where should I apply for Udyam Registration?
You need to visit the official site (Udyam Registration Portal)-https://udyamregistration.gov.in/ Except for this portal of the Government of India and the Government’s Single Window Systems, no other private online or offline system, service, agency, or person is authorized or entitled to do MSME Registration or undertake any of the activity related with the process.
Who can apply for Udyam Registration?
An enterprise can apply for Udyam registration and an enterprise shall be classified as a micro, small or medium enterprise on the basis of the following criteria, namely: –
|Micro Enterprises||Where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed one crore rupees (1 Cr.)||turnover does not exceed five crore rupees (5 Cr.)|
|Small Enterprises||Where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees (10 Cr.)||turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees (50 Cr.)|
|Medium Enterprises||Where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees (50 Cr.)||turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees (250 Cr.)|
What documents are required for Udyam Registration?
You should have handy some documents to enter details at the time of filling online form such as-
- Aadhaar Number
- Pan card (as per organization type)
- GSTIN Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
- Bank details of the organization
- NIC code
- Information about investment in plant and machinery or equipment and turnover.
What is the process of Udyam Registration online?
This is the Registration Process for Udyam Number-
- First of all, You need to visit the Udyam Registration Portal.
- The form for registration shall be as provided on the Udyam Registration portal. You need to fill it out by providing the required details. (for example form in pdf format shown below)
- There will be no fee for filing Udyam Registration.
- An Aadhaar Number shall be required for Udyam Registration.
- The Aadhaar number shall be of the proprietor in the case of a proprietorship firm, of the managing partner in the case of a partnership firm, and of a Karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
- In the case of a Company or a Limited Liability Partnership or a Cooperative Society or a Society or Trust, the organization or its authorized signatory shall provide its GSTIN and PAN along with its Aadhaar number.
- In case an enterprise is duly registered as an Udyam with PAN, any deficiency of information for previous years when it did not have PAN shall be filled up on a self-declaration basis.
- No enterprise shall file more than one Udyam Registration: Provided that any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added to one Udyam Registration.
- Whoever intentionally misrepresents or attempts to suppress the self-declared facts and figures appearing in the Udyam Registration or updation process shall be liable to such penalty as specified under section 27 of the Act.
What are the easy steps for Udyam registration?
These are the easy steps for registration-
- Firstly, visit the official Udyam registration portal.
- Then click on the link for Registration- For New Enterprise who are not Registered yet as MSME
- Now enter your Aadhaar Number and Name as per your Aadhaar.
- Now click on validate and generate OTP and get it verified.
- After this just select the type of organization and enter Pan Number as per the organization.
- Then click on validate pan and your pan will be verified.
- Now select- Yes or No if have you filled the ITR for the previous year and if you have GSTIN.
- Also, enter the GSTIN number if you have one and get verified.
- Then You can also enter your entrepreneur name (if not have Pan)
- Enter your mobile number and email Id.
- Then select a category, gender, specially-abled or not.
- Now, enter the name of the enterprise and the Plant/ Unit Name and location of the plant.
- Enter the factory or office address.
- And if you have already a UAM number then select or enter.
- Then enter the status of the enterprise and bank details
- Now select the major activity of the unit such as manufacturer or service.
- Then search and enter the NIC code and add the number of persons employed.
- After that, enter your enterprise investment and turnover details.
- Now select yes or no as a declaration of registration.
- Then select the district industrial center
- At the last click on submit and final OTP.
- your registration will be done and you can print your Udyam registration certificate.
Faqs on Udyam Registration Number
✓ Your Udyam registration number is 19 digits unique code obtained on Registration online.
✓ This is an example of Udyam reg. number – UDYAM-DL-02-0123457.
✓ This is a Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM Number). It was a 12-digit unique number provided to the MSMEs. For example- DL05A0000051.
✓ Don’t worry, You can get it by visiting the Udyam registration portal.
✓ The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) vide its publication of notification in the Gazette of India dated 26th June 2020 has specified the new form and procedure for filing the memorandum to be known as ‘Udyam Registration’ with effect from 1st day of July 2020.
✓ NIC stands for National Industry Classification Code(S). It describes the business activity type.
✓ Yes, you can apply after understanding the benefits and requirements.
✓ Yes, You can also apply if you do not have a GSTIN number.
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.
One Reply to “What is the Udyam Registration Number?”
“🔍💎 Your blog is a treasure trove of insightful content! I’m constantly amazed by the depth of knowledge and valuable perspectives you share. Thank you for the inspiration! 🙌✨”
For More Details Contact https://24efiling.com/private-limited-company-registration/index.html