GST payment online-how to pay GST online updated process for the GST taxpayers who do not know or want to know the easiest way to pay online.
Firstly, you need to understand why and when you are liable to pay GST to the Government.
As per GST payment rules if you are supplying or providing any goods or services to your customer and charging or receiving tax like GST.
Then you are required to pay that charged GST to the government but after adjusting the GST tax paid on input supply or services like this example:
Contents of this post
What are the simple steps for GST payment online?
- First step- login to the GST portal
- The second step- go to the Services menu> Payments>Create challan or direct create challan from the option available in GSTR-3b return filing after option proceed to payment
- In the next step fill tax payable detail as per gstr3b and choose the payment mode as e-payment, over-the-counter, and NEFT/RTGS.
- Then Generate challan and pay by any given payment mode.
- And in the next step, you will see your payment amount in your Electronic cash ledger on the GST portal
- Finally, you can file your gstr3b after payment.
How many modes of online GST tax payment?
There are three ways or modes are provided for GST tax payment and which is as given below:
online and offline payment mode
- E-payment-NET banking (internet banking), Credit/Debit Card
- over the counter
How to create a challan for online GST payment?
First of all, you are login into the GST portal by using a log-in user id or password for creating a payment challan and if you want to create a challan before login then you should use this process.
To make the GST payment in pre-login mode, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page will display.
2. Click the Services > Payments > Create Challan command.
3. The Create Challan page will display. In the GSTIN/UIN/TRPID/TMPID field, enter your GSTIN.
UN Bodies, Embassies, Government Offices or Other Notified persons want to create a Challan in pre-login, they need to provide a Unique Identification Number (UIN).
And in case Tax Return Preparers want to create a Challan in pre-login, they need to provide a Tax Return Preparer Identification Number (TRPID).
In the case an unregistered dealer having a temporary ID wants to create a Challan in pre-login, they need to provide a Temporary Identification Number (TMPID).
4. And in the Type, the characters as displayed below field, enter the captcha text.
5. Click the PROCEED button.
6. In the Tax Liability Details grid, enter the details of the payment to be made. The Total Challan Amount field and Total Challan Amount (In Words) fields are auto-populated with the total amount of payment to be made.
7. Select the Mode of E-Payment.
In the case of E-Payment
a. In the Payment Modes option, select the E-Payment as a payment mode.
b. Click the GENERATE CHALLAN button.
c. The OTP Authentication box appears. In the Enter OTP field, enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number of the taxpayer whose GSTIN/UIN/TRPID/TMPID is entered.
d. Click the PROCEED button.
e. The Challan is generated.
You can also download the GST Challan by clicking the DOWNLOAD button.
f. Select the Mode of E-Payment as Net Banking.
g. Select the Bank through which you want to make the payment.
h. Select the checkbox for Terms and Conditions apply.
i. Click the MAKE PAYMENT button
You will be directed to the Net Banking page of the selected Bank.
The payment amount is shown on the Bank’s website. If you want to change the amount, abort the transaction and create a new challan.
In case of successful payment, you will be re-directed to the GST Portal where the transaction status will be displayed. The payment receipt is displayed. To view the receipt, click the View Receipt link.
You can also make another payment by clicking the MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT button.
How to create a challan for offline GST payment?
You can create a challan for offline payment after login and before login as follow:
In the case of Over the Counter
a. In the Payment Modes option, select the Over the Counter as a payment mode.
b. Select the Name of the Bank where cash or instrument is proposed to be deposited.
c. Select the type of instrument as Cash/ Cheque/ Demand Draft.
d. Click the GENERATE CHALLAN button.
e. The OTP Authentication box appears. In the Enter OTP field, enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number of the taxpayer whose GSTIN/UIN/TRPID/TMPID is entered.
f. Click the PROCEED button.
g. The Challan is generated.
You can also download the GST Challan by clicking the DOWNLOAD button
h. Take a printout of the Challan and visit the selected Bank.
i. Pay using Cash/ Cheque/ Demand Draft within the Challan’s validity period.
j. Status of the payment will update on the GST Portal after confirmation from the Bank.
In the case of NEFT/ RTGS
a. In the Payment Modes option, select the NEFT/RTGS as a payment mode.
b. In the Remitting Bank drop-down list, select the name of the remitting bank.
c. Click the GENERATE CHALLAN button.
d. The OTP Authentication box appears. In the Enter OTP field, enter the OTP sent on the registered mobile number of the taxpayer whose GSTIN/UIN/TRPID/TMPID is entered.
e. Click the PROCEED button.
f. The Challan is generated.
You can also download the GST Challan by clicking the DOWNLOAD button
g. Take a printout of the Challan and visit the selected Bank. Mandate form will be generated simultaneously.
h. Pay using Cheque through your account with the selected Bank/ Branch. You can also pay using the account debit facility.
i. The transaction will be processed by the Bank and RBI shall confirm the same within <2 hours>.
j. Once you receive the Unique Transaction Number (UTR) on your registered e-mail or mobile number, you can link the UTR with the NEFT/RTGS CPIN on the GST Portal. Go to Challan History and click the CPIN link. Enter the UTR and link it with the NEFT/RTGS payment.
k. Status of the payment will be updated on the GST Portal after confirmation from the Bank.
l. The payment will be updated in the Electronic Cash Ledger in respective minor/major heads.
List of authorized banks
- ALLAHABAD BANK
- ANDHRA BANK
- BANK OF BARODA
- DENA BANK
- BANK OF INDIA
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
- CANARA BANK
- CORPORATION BANK
- HDFC BANK
- IDBI BANK
- ICICI BANK LTD
- INDIAN BANK
- INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
- BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
- ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE
- J & K Bank
- PUNJAB AND SIND BANK
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
- STATE BANK OF INDIA
- SYNDICATE BANK
- UNION BANK OF INDIA
- UCO BANK
- UNITED BANK OF INDIA
- AXIS BANK
- VIJAYA BANK
How to track GST Payment status?
You can log in to the GST portal and track payment status but if you want to track the status of a GST payment without logging into the GST Portal, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed
2. Click the Services> Payments > Track Payment Status command.
3. In the Enter GSTIN field, enter your GSTIN.
4. In the Enter CPIN field, enter your CPIN.
5. In the Type, the characters as displayed below field, enter the captcha text.
6. Click the TRACK STATUS button.
The payment status is displayed. To view the challan, click the VIEW CHALLAN button.
If the status of Challan is FAILED / NOT PAID and the mode selected is E-Payment, Taxpayer can click on the VIEW CHALLAN button, select the Bank, Terms, and Conditions and click on the MAKE PAYMENT button to do the Payment again for the Failed or Not Paid challan.
And If the Payment status is PAID, then the VIEW RECEIPT button is enabled and Taxpayer can view the receipt and also download the receipt after clicking on the VIEW RECEIPT button. In case of any other Status of challan (other than PAID), the Taxpayer will be able to View the Challan.
How to pay GST tax in the case of an unregistered Dealer?
Unregistered persons can generate a Challan against the temporary ID allotted to them.
And he can create challan by using TID.
Can a third party make a GST payment online on behalf of a taxpayer?
Yes, a third party can make payments on behalf of a taxpayer.
The third party can make payments by mentioning the correct GSTIN against which the payment needs to be made.
- GTT Order: What is GTT order in Trading?
- LLP Full Form
- Exceeds arrangement meaning for cheque bounce
- EXCEEDS ARRANGEMENT (2)- REASON OF CHEQUE RETURN
- 110053: List of Post Offices having Pin Code 110053
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.