You can apply for a new voter ID online on the voter portal site provided by the election commission of India for voter id facilities. Here you can apply online from anywhere for voter id if you are eligible for voter Id
- Each Citizen who is 18 years of age on the qualifying date which is the first January of the concerned year, except if excluded is qualified to be enrolled.
- Enrollment only at an ordinary place of residence.
- The name should not be present in the electoral roll anywhere.
- An Overseas Indian who has been at the passport address as an ordinary resident.
- Service Voters deemed to be ordinarily resident at their home address.
Contents of this post
How to register for a voter ID online?
If you are eligible for voter id then you can register for a voter ID online on Voter Portal by following these steps-
- First of all, visit the voter portal of the election commission of India through a search in Google or direct on the voter portal by https://voterportal.eci.gov.in.
- Then register by entering an email ID or Mobile No.
- Verify your email id by received mail or OTP on mobile.
- Then create a password for your account.
- Now after creating a password just log in on Voter Portal and then just click on the link to register for a new voter id.
- Here you need to answer whether you already have a Voter ID or not.
- Just click on applying for the first time and then you need to answer whether are you a citizen of India or not. here just choose yes.
- After that, you need to update your mobile by verification.
- Then, select your age or date of birth and upload the proof of age.
- and if the age is above 21 years then upload Age declaration also.
- Then upload one passport size color photo in the space mentioned.
- And enter your full name, gender, and disability if any(optional).
- Then enter your family member’s name and select a relationship type.
- Enter your address details and upload the proof of residence.
- Read the declaration and accept.
- Check & preview the filled information.
- Get the reference number for the submitted application.
Can I apply for voter ID offline?
- Yes, you can apply for a voter id offline just visit your voter card center (ERO).
- Then, you should get and fill the related form and submit the required documents with the form. (form download link available below)
How to download the form for voter id online?
If you want to apply for voter ID offline, then you can download a related form of services such as
- Form001 Application for Issue of replacement of voter ID
- Form6A Application for inclusion of name in Electoral Roll by an overseas Indian elector
- Form6 Application for inclusion of name in Electoral Roll
- Form7 Application for objecting inclusion of name in electoral roll or seeking deletion of name from Electoral Roll
- Form8A Application for transposition of entry from one part of the electoral roll to another part of the electoral roll of a constituency
- Form8 Application for correction to particulars entered in Electoral Roll
You can download this all form from the source link-https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/download-forms
What is the process of making a new voter Id?
The process of making a new voter id have 4 steps
- First of all, Submission of application form online
- Then second-Appointment of BLO
- After that, the third Verification of address
- Then the fourth approval of the application.
What documents are required to be uploaded for new registration?
- One recent passport size colored photograph,
- Upload of one photocopy of age proof
- and one photocopy of the address proof
I have recently got married. How can I get my wife enrolled at my address?
Yes, you can enroll for voter id online but this will depend on the following situation:
- If your wife is a voter for the first time then she will have to fill in a form for enrolment/apply as a new voter.
- And in case your wife is already a voter then she needs to fill the form for migration depending upon the change in Assembly Constituency.
I have shifted my residence recently. How Can I get a new EPIC Card for the present address?
- To get the EPIC of the new address user needs to fill the migration.
- To fill the form users need to Register them on Voter’s Portal (https://voterportal.eci.gov.in) using email ID and User needs to select the form “Shifted to other Place”
How to change the address from one AC to another AC?
- Register yourself on Voter Portal (https://voterportal.eci.gov.in) using email ID and need to follow the below steps to change the address from one AC to another:
- User needs to select form “Shifted to other Place”
- User needs to provide the voter id card number
- The user will verify the fetched details
- Select the option shifted outside the AC.
- The user will fill in New Address, Upload an image, and upload the relevant documents.
- At the last user will verify the filled details and submit the form.
- Reference ID will get generated for status tracking.
Can a person enroll as a voter at two different places?
- A person cannot be enrolled as a voter at more than one place in the identical constituency or in multiple constituencies in view of the provisions contained underneath Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950.
How many applications can be made by one user/one login?
- Multiple applications can be made through a single account for self and family members.
- But only one at a time means the next form will be allowed only once the previous gets approval.
Why is the Voter id application status pending for a long time?
- The applicant may visit Voter Portal (https://voterportal.eci.gov.in ) and You can check application status by login Voter portal
- or Go to the homepage of the website of the respective state CEOs and click on the tab “Know the Status of Your application for the current status of the application at the profile page or select a relevant category to file a complaint along with the required document proof or dial the number 1950 to reach voter portal.
- You can check application status by login into the Voter portal or Go to the homepage of the website of the respective state CEOs and click on the tab “Know the Status of Your application.
- CTS full form & How CTS system works?
- RTGS full form in banking
- Digital Rupee- Central Bank Digital Currency
- Globalization partners in India
- Bankers cheque-One thing you should know
An Accountant, GST Practitioner, GST blogger, Website Developer, SEO Builder & Ceo & Co-founder of website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Company.