Voter Portal is an online new gateway ready for the public to provide facilities related to online Voter ID or Pahchan Patra by the election commission of India. Now on this gateway, the public can apply online services such as
- Enrolment or registration for the vote or new voter ID
- Updating or correction in voter ID card
- Searching name in the electoral roll
- Checking of voter ID status
- Deletion of name from the electoral roll
- Finding of the Polling station
- Know BLO
And according to ECI, Voter Portal is a unified open interface for the citizens who can make an online request for inclusion of their name in the electoral roll, corrections of personal particulars, shifting of residence within assembly constituency or other assembly constituencies, and seeking for objection or deletion of the name in the electoral roll. Voter Portal also facilitates to track the application status and search your name in the electoral roll.
Contents of this post
Where can I apply for Voter ID online?
The election commission of India has made an online interface or gateway to provide all facilities related to vote or voter id online in India. And the public has to use this interface if anyone wants to get his Voter ID Card. and this interface or gateway is
How to register on Voter Portal?
These are the simple steps to register on voter portal for voter id services-
- First of all, search in Google Voter Portal and visit the site of the voter portal.
- After visiting, You can log in with user id and password if already registered otherwise
- Just click on the Create an Account link
- And use your email id or mobile no for registering yourself.
- After entering your email id or mobile no, you will receive an OTP or link to verify and then from the received link you can create or password.
- And now you will be able to login with your registered email id or password (from which you have registered).
How can I login to Voter Portal?
- To login to the voter portal, the user has to register first with an email id or mobile no. And after registering will able to create a password.
- Then the user can log in with email id, mobile no, and voter id (if already have).
- Now the user will visit the voter portal login page.
- Then put anyone out of email id, mobile no, or voter id and after that created password.
- And then will solve the math ( for security) and will enter.
- Then click on the login button. and then you will see your user dashboard.
- Now just use voter portal services.
Why should I use the voter portal?
The person should use the voter portal because this is the perfect online interface provided by the election commission of India for availing all the services of voter cards at your home or anywhere.
- New Voter Registration
- Correction in Voter ID
- Shifted to Other Place
- Replacement of Voter ID
- Deletion of Voter ID
- Electoral Search
- Track Status
Is Voter Portal use & collect your personal data?
Voter Portal needs to collect information about you to make a registered user with the aspects of its voter portal services. While using Voter Portal, ECI mandate you to provide them with certain personally identifiable information for name inclusion in the electoral rolls, correction of particulars that can be used to enroll as a voter at ordinary residence places in your assembly constituency. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Full name
- Age or Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Address, State, District, Assembly Constituency, Province, ZIP/Postal code
- Disability(If any)
- Relative name
- Relation type of relative
- Document for proof of age or date of birth and address proof
- For the overseas voter, we are required Passport detail, Visa detail, and current residence address for outside of the country
How Voterportal (ECI) use your personal information?
Election Commission of India use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your requests: For inclusion of your name in the electoral roll and New Voter Registration, Correction of Personal Particular, Migration within Assembly Constituency or Outside Assembly Constituency, Filing a complaint.
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- And to manage Your Account: To manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact you by email, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
What are the rights of a registered user on Voter Portal?
As a registered user, you have the right to access your profile at any time to add or modify any registration information that you have supplied. You cannot manage the communications that you receive from ECI or how you receive them. If you no longer wish to receive communications from ECI, you may cancel your registration.
And can contact for the further issue if you have by
Election Commission of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi, 110001
- How to link Aadhaar with Voter Id
- How to apply for correction in Voter Id online in India
- Voter Portal: Apply here for voter ID online in India
- How to apply for a new Voter ID online in India?
An Accountant, GST Practitioner, GST blogger, Website Developer, SEO Builder & Ceo & Co-founder of website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Company.