Geotag MCD Property online
Geotagging your property is now mandatory in New Delhi, India’s capital city. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) has made this mandatory to gather real-time information about taxable properties in their jurisdiction. However, property owners are unhappy with this decision and unsure how to geotag their properties. To help out, here are simple steps that can guide you to geotag your property at home easily.
Contents of this post
- Steps to geotag MCD property
- What is Geotagging in MCD properties?
- Why Geotagging in Properties required?
- Is geo-tagging of properties mandatory to avail of property tax exemption in Delhi MCD?
- How to check MCD property is geotagged or not?
- What are the requirements for Geotag MCD property in Delhi?
- Which app is required for geotagging a property?
- Is Geotagging a property mandatory?
- Is geotagging a property safe?
- Faqs on Geotag MCD Property
Steps to geotag MCD property
- First of all, visit the Play Store or MCD official website to download the required app, Unified Mobile App (MCD APP)
- Then open the UMA app and choose the type of citizen
- Now you have to log in with your registered mobile no or email ID/password on the MCD website
- If you are not registered then before login, register your mobile no follow the steps
- Now login with the registered mobile no through the OTP
- After login, you will see your registered property details with UPIC NUMBER in the app and if not found then register your property also.
- Then you will see options for Property tax and Birth & Death under Online Services.
- Just click on Property tax, here your property details will show
- If details are shown in Pink Colour then you are to geotag your property
- For geotagging, just click on the right plus mark then you will see the geotagging option.
- Now click on Geotagging.
- After clicking your property address will show now capture of the geo-coordinates of your property by pressing the capture geo coordinates button.
- Now, your property latitude or longitude will be uploaded by your current location.
- then upload your property photo with the add photos button.
- Then click on the submit button to make sure the details are correct.
- Now your property is geotagged and your property details will be shown in green color.
These are simple steps to geotag MCD property and if you want to know more faqs about geotag then read more below-
What is Geotagging in MCD properties?
Geo-tagging of properties in MCD is a process of assigning a unique Latitude and Longitude to a property on a GIS map by selecting the current location against a UPIC Number so that all properties have their location identified against a unique Latitude and Longitude position.
Why Geotagging in Properties required?
If a property is geo-tagged then it can be easily located in a geographical space and this information can be utilized for better provisioning of different services to the citizens. All non-tax paying property shall be visible on the GIS map also.
Is geo-tagging of properties mandatory to avail of property tax exemption in Delhi MCD?
The Municipal Corporation of Delhi has made geo-tagging of all kinds of properties mandatory to avail of the property tax exemption. If any taxpayer fails to geo-tag their properties by 31 January, they will not be able to avail 10 % rebate on lump sum advance payment of tax in the next financial year by June 30.
How to check MCD property is geotagged or not?
To check property is geotagged or not, you have to visit the Play Store or MCD official website to download the required app, Unified Mobile App (MCD APP). On this app after login your property details will show then check out the background color if that is pink then your property is not geotagged or if the color is green then your property is geotagged.
What are the requirements for Geotag MCD property in Delhi?
To geotag your property, There are no physical documents required. You just have to follow the online steps to geotag a property which is shown at the start of this blog.
Which app is required for geotagging a property?
You will be required to visit the Play Store or MCD official website to download the required app, Unified Mobile App (MCD APP) for geotagging a property in Delhi.
Is Geotagging a property mandatory?
The Municipal Corporation of Delhi has made geotagging of properties mandatory. Property owners are required to have the geotagging done before January 31 next year to avail of a 10% rebate on property tax.
Is geotagging a property safe?
Overall, geo-tagging itself is legal, but it’s important to consider privacy and security implications and to obtain consent when sharing location data with others. But in the case of MCD geotagging, it will be safe and will be easy to find out the location of a property.
Faqs on Geotag MCD Property
Yes, if your Property is in Delhi then you have to geotag your Property online.
You have to geotag your property online with the help of a required MCD app -Unified Mobile App.
These are the benefits-
1- Easy Property Identification
2- Can avail rebates.
3- Non-tax payer can be identified
4- Property modification can be identified.
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.