There are offline and online ways both are available that can be applied to recharge Fastag.
But in this Digital India, everyone likes to recharge online which will be easy.
So, You can recharge your Fastag account through credit card, debit card, and through net banking.
The minimum recharge amount is 100 Rs. and the maximum is one Lakh Rupees.
You can open your Fastag account and get Fastag sticker to fasten on the windscreen of your vehicle by visiting any toll plaza which comes under POS i.e Point of Sale.
A list of ‘Point of Sale’ for Fastag can be found by visiting the official website of the National Highways Authority of India.
Another way to get the Fastag is online through various banks that come under POS.
Some of the top banks which come under POS and through which you can get your Fastag and recharge are SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank.
You can directly buy Fastag online from your bank. As mentioned above, almost all Govt. and Private banks give you the option to buy Fastag online from their website.
Contents of this post
How can I recharge my FASTag account?
You may recharge your FASTag account by making payment through cheque or online through
Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or through Net Banking. FASTag account can be recharged from a minimum of 100 and up to ₹ 1,00,000.
For recharge, steps prescribed by the respective issuing agency on their web site need to be followed for example
How to recharge or purchase Fast tag on Paytm?
These are the steps to purchase Fast tag on Paytm
- First of all, Visit Paytm sites i.e Paytm.com or Paytm app.
- In the top right corner click on Three Dots under More menu or click on the given link Buy your Paytm Fastag now
- From this Drop Down list select Fastag.
- It will redirect to a new link with the option to purchase the Fastag.
- The cost of purchasing Fastag from Paytm is Rs. 500.
- This Rs. 500 price is break up as below:
- Tag Cost: Rs. 100.
- Security Deposit of Rs. 250 which is refundable
- Rs. 150 is the Threshold amount which will be added to your Payment Fastag Wallet
- And just upload the RC photocopy or fill the form.
- Now make the payment of Rs. 500 and the Fastag will be dispatched to your registered physical address
These are the steps to recharge toll Fastag on Paytm
- First of all, add balance in your Paytm account wallet to recharge Fastag, you need to have balance in your Paytm wallet.
- There is no need to have a separate recharge of Fastag, as the Paytm Wallet will reserve an amount for Fastag recharge automatically.
- And in case of other toll Fastag recharges
- choose the toll operator then tag type and 14 digit tag id
- Then click on get detail and recharge as per your required amount
- And your fast tag will be recharged.
How to purchase SBI Fastag or recharge online?
Recharging Fastag using SBI is a matter of just a few steps. Here we are explaining step by step process to login to the SBI Fastag account and How to Recharge it.
How to Login into SBI Fastag:
- To login SBI Fastag visit this link fastag.onlinesbi.com
- You will receive an SMS when you activate SBI Fastag. This SMS contains the user id and password.
- Use this user id and password to log in using above link
- When you do Customer’s KYC, then a Fastag Wallet is created.
- Here your Mobile number works as the user id.
- You can reset your password by using the Forget password option, in case you forget or lost the password.
- Now you are ready to login to SBI Fastag website by using your registered mobile number and password.
Once you have logged into the Fastag portal using your registered mobile number and password, you can recharge the Fastag account by using one of the following ways.
- Debit/Credit Card
- UPI Apps like Bhim, Paytm, Google Pay, etc.
How does SBI Fastag work?
As per the source of SBI Fastag
- You can contact SBI Customer Care center at 1800 11 0018 and SBI customer care center executives will guide you to the nearest PoS location.
- Customer can also get to know SBI PoS location in the country (Click here for List) and with valid KYC documents and vehicle RC copy along with the originals for verifications purposes,
The customer can open his/her account in two categories:
- 1- Limited KYC holder’s account, at any given point of time, this type of SBI FASTag account cannot have more than Rs. 10,000/- in their FASTag (Prepaid) account. The monthly reload limit is also capped to Rs. 10,000/-.
- 2- Full KYC Holders account, at any given point of time, this type of SBI FASTag account cannot have more than Rs. 1 Lakh in their FASTag (prepaid) account. There is no monthly reload cap on this account.
- Documents Required for SBI FASTag
- Since the SBI FASTag is linked to an account, KYC documentation would be required as per the KYC policy of the Issuer Bank.
- Apart from the KYC documentation, you need to submit a Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle along with the application for SBI FASTag.
- SBI FASTag is linked to a prepaid account, then it can be issued as per below-defined limits:
- 1- Limited KYC FASTag account holder
- 2- Full KYC FASTag account holder
- This type of FASTag cannot have more than Rs. 10,000*/- limit in their SBI FASTag (Prepaid) account. The monthly reload limit is also capped to Rs. 10,000/-.
- Requirements: Minimum KYC details (as per Issuer bank policy), vehicle RC Copy, Photo of the customer.
- *Limits prescribed by RBI till 30th December This type of FASTag account cannot have more than Rs. 1 Lakh limit in their SBI FASTag (prepaid) account.
- There is no monthly reload cap on this account.
- Requirements: Full KYC details (as per Issuer bank policy), vehicle RC Copy, Photo of the customer.
How to recharge Fastag with HDFC Bank?
- First of all, you have to log in to the HDFC Bank account by using your Username and Password.
- Then Click on Retail Login section.
- After clicking on the Retail Login section, Road User Center appears.
- Here you will see the option
- Payment and Top-up, then Recharge.
- Fill in the amount to be recharged by selecting the Wallet ID.
- Select the mode of payment by choosing ‘Pay by Online’. Then Click Continue.
- You will see a new window with the option to select the bank.
- Click on Continue after selecting the desired bank.
- You can proceed by entering the details which be asked from you to continue.
- Fill all these details and you are done with your Fastag Recharge.
How to recharge for First-time users with HDFC bank?
- Visit the HDFC Bank Website.
- Log in with your username and Password.
- Visit the Pay section.
- Then Click the Fastag – Toll Payment option.
- There you have to click on Retails Login as seen from the image below.
- A message appears with the proceed option.
- Here you have to Click on ‘Proceed’.Now you will see the option First Time User. Now you have to ‘click here’ button.
- Then a screen appears with heading “You may recharge your TAG account by making payment through Cheque or online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or through Net Banking. The TAG account can be recharged up to Rs. 1 Lac.
How to recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag account?
Like HDFC Bank, recharging Fastag account with ICICI Bank can be done in many ways including UPI, Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT/RTGS, Cheque and Cash.
For online recharges these are the steps
- Enter your username and password after visiting www.icicibank.com/fastag
- Click on Payments Options and then Go to Recharge account.
- Choose Tag/CUG Wallet recharge
- Select the payment which is convenient to you like Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet
- Banking and more.
- Proceed after selecting the payment mode and then completing further requirements.
- After completing all these steps, your Fastag account will be recharged.
How to Recharge Fastag by Axis Bank?
There are two ways to recharge Fastag through Axis Bank which are using Net banking or using NEFT / RTGS
Recharging Fastag at Axis Bank through NetBanking:
- Enter your username and password to login into Customer Portal
- Visit Payments Section, then Click on Recharge Account
- Choose the Fastag account which you have to recharge.
- Then enter the amount to be recharged with.
- Click continue by selecting the payment mode as “Pay By Online”
- You will see a new window with the option to choose your bank.
- Choose the bank from this list and then proceed further.
- After entering all login details for your bank account and continuing, your recharge of the Fastag account is done.
Recharging Fastag through NEFT/RTGS
- Login into Internet Banking of your bank account.
- Fill in either Wallet ID Number or Vehicle Number in the payee details field.
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.