How to login-E-WAY BILL PORTAL OR ewaybill.gst.gov.in for generating an e-way bill online with easy steps.
First of all, We should understand the need for e-way bill generation for any supply of goods from one place to another. After the implementation of GST in India, the government started an e-way bill system for the supply of goods. Because of the E-WAYBILL system in India tax evasion can be stopped in the transportation of goods from one place to another accordingly.
Eway bill system is applicable to both transportation in a state or out of state. Now as a taxpayer you can issue an e-way bill online for the supply of goods within a state or to other states. Because the Eway bill is mandatory for the supply of goods from one place to other places in a state or out of state.
Therefore if you are a trader/taxpayer and supplying goods from a place to other places then you will have to register your GSTIN on EWAY BILL PORTAL.
Contents of this post
What is the E-way bill Portal?
E-way bill Portal is a government site where all types of e-way bill-related compliances can be done such as the generation of the e-way bills, e-way bill download, reports, registration, update, cancelation, etc.
How can I visit the E-way bill Portal?
You can visit the E-way bill Portal by searching on Google some keywords such as E-way bill, Eway login, E-way, etc. And if unable to find then visit directly through the site link which is https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/.
What is the requirement to login-E-way bill portal?
If you want to log in E-way bill portal to use e-way bill compliances then you should have-
- A GSTIN No of Taxpayer if not have then register first.
- A registered mobile No and Email Id.
- If you are a registered Taxpayer on GST Portal then you need to register on the E-way bill Portal
- Then you will have to make a user name and password.
- You can log in to the E-way bill Portal with that User Name and Password.
How to Login-E-Way Bill Portal by GSTIN No?
We can know how to log in to generate an e-way bill online by these simple steps:
- First of all search on google LOGIN-E-WAY BILL PORTAL or search website-ewaybill.gst.gov.in. You will see as below portal.
- Then go to the menu option and click on the registration link.
- And now enter GSTIN No and captcha then click on go.
- you will see your GSTIN No detail and click on send OTP button.
- Now you will get an OTP code on your registered email id or mobile no just enter the code and create your own choice user name or password.
- Finally, you will submit the form and will get your registration complete.
- After creating the user name and password, you can log in to your e-way bill portal dashboard.
Now the question is how to issue or generate an Eway bill online.
How to generate an e-way bill?
After the login through the user name, and password to the e-waybill portal you should know how to issue an e-way. There are very simple steps to issue the e-way bill online:
- Firstly go to the e-way bill portal.
- Login by user name and password and you will be on your dashboard.
- Now you will be able to see so many options to manage e-way bills.
- To generate an e-way bill go to the e-way bill option then click on generate new.
- Then you will get an e-way bill entry form just fill in all detail as per the generated invoice.
- After entering all detail just submit then you will get an e-way bill just print that.
- Now you can attach that e-way to your invoice bill while the supply of goods from one place to another because it is necessary to supply goods otherwise supplying of goods, will be risky.
For full details about e-way bill generation, you can visit the link – How to generate new E-way bills for GST invoices.
but sometimes you will be unable to login into the E-way bill portal and generate e-way then what should you do
What to do in case of invalid login credential issues?
There is a simple process to fix the E-way bill portal invalid login credential problem and you will have to follow some steps to get enable login on the e-way bill portal when you are unable to login. You can check out the steps through this link –How to fix E-way bill portal invalid login credential issues.
Faqs on login-E-way bill portal
There are some faqs on E-way login and registration with the source of the e-way portal-
This indicates that you are trying to log in to the e-way bill system with an incorrect username and password. Please check the username and password being used to log in to the system. If you have forgotten the username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Trans id’ or ‘Forgot Password’ facility provided on the portal to recover your username or reset your new password.
This indicates that your account has been frozen because you might have canceled your registration or your GSTIN has been de-activated in the GST Common Portal. Please visit the GST Common Portal (www.gst.gov.in) to find the status of your GSTIN under the ‘Search Taxpayer’ tab. In case you are able to log in on the GST portal but do not log on to the e-Way Bill portal, please lodge your grievance at https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/.
If you have forgotten the username or password, then use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ facility provided on the portal to recover your username or reset your new password. The user needs to enter the details asked to authenticate same via OTP, for a new username and password.
Yes. All the registered persons who need to generate e-way bills under GST are required to register on the e-way bill portal namely: www.ewaybillgst.gov.in using their GSTIN. Once GSTIN is entered, the system sends an OTP to his/her registered mobile number, registered with GST Portal and after authenticating the same, the system enables him/her to generate his/her username and password for the e-way bill system. After the generation of the username and password of his/her choice, he/she may proceed to make entries to generate an e-way bill.
This is indicating that you (your GSTIN) are already registered on the e-way bill portal and your username and password are already created on the e-way bill system. Please use these credentials to log into the e-way bill system. If you have forgotten your username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ facility provided on the portal to recover your username or reset your new password.
This indicates that you might have updated your business registration details in the GST Common Portal recently. Please click the ‘Update from Common Portal’ button on the e-way bill portal, to pull the latest data from the GST Common Portal. If even after this action, wrong data is displayed, kindly update the address/mobile number details in GST common portal through the amendment process.
This indicates that the GSTIN entered by you is wrong or your GSTIN details are not available in the GST Common Portal. Please check the GSTIN entered or go to the GST portal (www.gst.gov.in) and check the details of your GSTIN under the ‘Search Taxpayer’ Tab.
This indicates that the e-way bill system is unable to get the contact details (mobile number or email address) for your GSTIN from the GST Common Portal(www.gst.gov.in). Please contact GST helpdesk 1800 103 4786.
- CTS full form & How CTS system works?
- RTGS full form in banking
- Digital Rupee- Central Bank Digital Currency
- Globalization partners in India
- Bankers cheque-One thing you should know
An Accountant, GST Practitioner, GST blogger, Website Developer, SEO Builder & Ceo & Co-founder of website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Company.