19 GST state code is representing the GST state code for West Bengal in India. 19 is the two-digit code. And It is used as the first two-digit in the GSTIN No of a taxpayer of West Bengal. It is used for the identification of the state or UT.
For example– A Taxpayer who is doing business in West Bengal and has a business place in West Bengal. Now he will get a GSTIN No after GST Registration Online. Such as 19AACCF8045D1ZM, in this GSTIN No, you will see that the first two digits are representing West Bengal. It means this GSTIN NO belongs to West Bengal and has a business place or location in West Bengal.
Contents of this post
What is GST State Code for West Bengal?
GST State Code for West Bengal is 19 and has values under the GST system in India. This is the first two digits of a GSTIN NO of a taxpayer belonging to West Bengal. And having a place of business in West Bengal.
|GST STATE CODE||STATE|
For the 19 GST State code example, check out the below image here first two digits indicate the state code of Meghalaya -17 and if you see 19 at the place of 17 then it will indicate the GST state code of West Bengal as 19AACCV9022B1Z2.
19 GST code of which state?
- 19 GST State code belongs to West Bengal in India.
- It will be available in GSTIN No of the GST taxpayer of West Bengal only.
- 19 GST State code represents the first two digits in GSTIN No.
- It will not represent any other State because it belongs to West Bengal
- you can identify the GSTIN No as belonging to West Bengal if you will see the first two digits are 19.
Where can I find the GST code for West Bengal?
You can find the GST state code for West Bengal under the list of GST state codes which is available on GOOGLE or on the GST Portal. Because it is usable for the identification of the state of any GST taxpayer who is doing business in India.
We have also available a list of GST state codes. And you can use it for searching your GST state code just by visiting the list available below
|S.No||State Name||State GST Code|
|1||Jammu and Kashmir (UT)||01|
|25||Daman and Diu||25|
|26||Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT)||26|
|34||Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT)||35|
What is the difference between the West Bengal State code and the West Bengal GST state code?
This is the difference between the West Bengal state code and the West Bengal GST state code-
|West Bengal GST state code||West Bengal State code|
|Represents the first two digits of GSTIN No of West Bengal||Represents a short form of West Bengal|
|It is used in GSTIN No only for identification of the state or UT||It can be used anywhere in written or oral as a short form of West Bengal|
Faqs on West Bengal GST code
The GST code 19 represents West Bengal in India.
The GST code 19 is used to identify businesses, taxpayers, and transactions associated with West Bengal for Goods and Services Tax (GST) purposes. It helps in ensuring proper tax administration and compliance within the state.
A GST number represents a taxpayer of a state in India. So for example, A taxpayer Suny Gupta in West Bengal has GST Number-19DKKPS2852A1ZM.
No, the 19 GST code specifically corresponds to West Bengal. It should be used only for transactions occurring within the boundaries of West Bengal.
It’s essential to use the correct GST state code for accurate reporting and compliance. If you use the GST code “19” for transactions outside West Bengal, it may lead to incorrect tax calculations and non-compliance with GST regulations. It’s advisable to use the correct state code for the respective state where the transaction occurs.
It indicates the code of gst referencing a particular state in India. So 19 is the code of West Bengal State for identifying a GSTIN no of West Bengal.
- HSN code for fish and crustaceans, mollusks
- HSN Code for Meat and edible meat offal
- HSN Code for live animals under GST
- GST Council Members: Name list, Portfolio & About
- Aligarh District
- GST payment online: how to pay GST (updated)
- GST Login ID Password
- MAHAGST login- How to login mahagst.gov.in
- GTT Order: What is GTT order in Trading?
- LLP Full Form
- Exceeds arrangement meaning for cheque bounce
- EXCEEDS ARRANGEMENT (2)- REASON OF CHEQUE RETURN
- 110053: List of Post Offices having Pin Code 110053
- Liquidation of company-Company Liquidation meaning in India
- UAN Number: What is the role of UAN No in EPF
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.