38 GST state code is representing the GST state code for Ladakh in India. 38 is the two-digit code. And It is used as the first two-digit in the GSTIN No of a taxpayer of Ladakh. It is used for the identification of the state or UT.
For example– A Taxpayer who is doing business in Ladakh and has a business place in Ladakh. Now he will get a GSTIN No after GST Registration Online. Such as 38AACCF8045D1ZM, in this GSTIN No, you will see that the first two digits are representing Ladakh. It means this GSTIN NO belongs to Ladakh and has a business place or location in Ladakh.
Contents of this post
What is GST State Code for Ladakh?
GST State Code for Ladakh is 38 and has values under the GST system in India. This is the first two digits of a GSTIN NO of a taxpayer belonging to Ladakh. And having a place of business in Ladakh.
|GST STATE CODE||STATE|
For the 38 GST State code example, check out the below image here first two digits indicate the state code of Meghalaya -17 and if you see 38 at the place of 17 then it will indicate the GST state code of Ladakh as 38AACCV9022B1Z2.
38 GST code of which state?
- 38 GST State code belongs to Ladakh in India.
- It will be available in GSTIN No of the GST taxpayer of Ladakh only.
- 38 GST State code represents the first two digits in GSTIN No.
- It will not represent any other State because it belongs to Ladakh
- you can identify the GSTIN No as belonging to Ladakh if you will see the first two digits are 38.
Where can I find the GST code for Ladakh?
You can find the GST state code for Ladakh under the list of GST state codes which is available on GOOGLE or on the GST Portal. Because it is usable for the identification of the state of any GST taxpayer who is doing business in India.
We have also available a list of GST state codes. And you can use it for searching your GST state code just by visiting the list available below
|S.No||State Name||State GST Code|
|1||Jammu and Kashmir (UT)||01|
|25||Daman and Diu||25|
|26||Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT)||26|
|34||Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT)||35|
What is the difference between the Ladakh State code and the Ladakh GST state code?
This is the difference between the Ladakh state code and the Ladakh GST state code-
|Ladakh GST state code||Ladakh State code|
|Represents the first two digits of GSTIN No of Ladakh||Represents a short form of Ladakh|
|It is used in GSTIN No only for identification of the state or UT||It can be used anywhere in written or oral as a short form of Ladakh|
Faqs on Ladakh GST code
The GST code 38 represents Ladakh in India.
The GST code 38 is used to identify businesses, taxpayers, and transactions associated with Ladakh for Goods and Services Tax (GST) purposes. It helps in ensuring proper tax administration and compliance within the state.
A GST number represents a taxpayer of a state in India. So for example, A taxpayer Suny Gupta in Ladakh has GST Number-38DKKKPS2852A1ZM.
No, the 38 GST code specifically corresponds to Ladakh. It should be used only for transactions occurring within the boundaries of Ladakh.
It’s essential to use the correct GST state code for accurate reporting and compliance. If you use the GST code “38” for transactions outside Ladakh, it may lead to incorrect tax calculations and non-compliance with GST regulations. It’s advisable to use the correct state code for the respective state where the transaction occurs.
It indicates the code of gst referencing a particular state in India. So 38 is the code of Ladakh State for identifying a GSTIN no of Ladakh.
- GTT Order: What is GTT order in Trading?
- LLP Full Form
- Exceeds arrangement meaning for cheque bounce
- EXCEEDS ARRANGEMENT (2)- REASON OF CHEQUE RETURN
- 110053: List of Post Offices having Pin Code 110053
- Liquidation of company-Company Liquidation meaning in India
- UAN Number: What is the role of UAN No in EPF
- List of SBI swift codes in India
- Financial Year: What is the financial year in India
- List of HSN Code chapter-wise updated
- EFFECTS NOT CLEARED; PRESENT AGAIN (3)- REASON OF CHEQUE RETURN
- Quick Ratio-A key metric for financial health
- Current Ratio in India: A Comprehensive Guide
- Delivery Note: A Complete Guide
- 110090: List of Post Offices having Pin Code 110090
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.