33 GST state code is representing the GST state code for Tamil Nadu in India. 33 is the two-digit code. And It is used as the first two-digit in the GSTIN No of a taxpayer of Tamil Nadu. It is used for the identification of the state or UT.
For example– A Taxpayer who is doing business in Tamilnadu and has a business place in Tamilnadu. Now he will get a GSTIN No after GST Registration Online. Such as 33AACCF8045D1ZM, in this GSTIN No, you will see that the first two digits are representing Tamil Nadu. It means this GSTIN NO belongs to Tamilnadu and has a business place or location in Tamilnadu.
Contents of this post
What is GST State Code for Tamil Nadu?
GST State Code for Tamilnadu is 33 and has values under the GST system in India. This is the first two digits of a GSTIN NO of a taxpayer belonging to Tamilnadu. And having a place of business in Tamilnadu.
|GST STATE CODE||STATE|
For the 33 GST State code example, check out the below image here first two digits indicate the state code of Meghalaya -17 and if you see 33 at the place of 17 then it will indicate the GST state code of Tamil Nadu as 33AACCV9022B1Z2.
33 GST code of which state?
- 33 GST State code belongs to Tamil Nadu in India.
- It will be available in GSTIN No of the GST taxpayer of Tamil Nadu only.
- 33 GST State code represents the first two digits in GSTIN No.
- It will not represent any other State because it belongs to Tamil Nadu
- you can identify the GSTIN No belongs to Tamil Nadu if you will see the first two digits are 33.
Where can I find the GST code for Tamil Nadu?
You can find the GST state code for Tamil Nadu under the list of GST state codes which is available on GOOGLE or on the GST Portal. Because it is usable for the identification of the state of any GST taxpayer who is doing business in India.
We have also available a list of GST state codes. And you can use it for searching your GST state code just by visiting the list available below
|S.No||State Name||State GST Code|
|1||Jammu and Kashmir (UT)||01|
|25||Daman and Diu||25|
|26||Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT)||26|
|34||Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT)||35|
What is the difference between the Tamil Nadu State code and the Tamil Nadu GST state code?
This is the difference between the Tamil Nadu state code and the Tamil Nadu GST state code-
|Tamil Nadu GST state code||Tamil Nadu State code|
|Represents the first two digits of GSTIN No of Tamil Nadu||Represents a short form of Tamil Nadu|
|It is used in GSTIN No only for identification of the state or UT||It can be used anywhere in written or oral as a short form of Tamil Nadu|
Faqs on Tamil Nadu GST code
The GST code 33 represents Tamil Nadu in India.
The GST code 33 is used to identify businesses, taxpayers, and transactions associated with Tamil Nadu for Goods and Services Tax (GST) purposes. It helps in ensuring proper tax administration and compliance within the state.
A GST number represents a taxpayer of a state in India. So for example, A taxpayer Suny Gupta in Tamil Nadu has GST Number-33DKKPS2852A1ZM.
No, the 33 GST code specifically corresponds to Tamil Nadu. It should be used only for transactions occurring within the boundaries of Tamil Nadu.
It’s essential to use the correct GST state code for accurate reporting and compliance. If you use the GST code “33” for transactions outside Tamil Nadu, it may lead to incorrect tax calculations and non-compliance with GST regulations. It’s advisable to use the correct state code for the respective state where the transaction occurs.
It indicates the code of gst referencing a particular state in India. So 33 is the code of Tamil Nadu State for identifying a GSTIN no of Tamil Nadu.
- HSN Code for live animals under GST
- GST Council Members: Name list, Portfolio & About
- Aligarh District
- GST payment online: how to pay GST (updated)
- GST Login ID Password
- MAHAGST login- How to login mahagst.gov.in
- GTT Order: What is GTT order in Trading?
- LLP Full Form
- Exceeds arrangement meaning for cheque bounce
- EXCEEDS ARRANGEMENT (2)- REASON OF CHEQUE RETURN
- 110053: List of Post Offices having Pin Code 110053
- Liquidation of company-Company Liquidation meaning in India
- UAN Number: What is the role of UAN No in EPF
- List of SBI swift codes in India
- Financial Year: What is the financial year in India
An Accountant, GSTP, GST blogger, Website Creator, SEO Builder & Co-founder of the website https://gstportalindia.in for the help of GST Taxpayers of India. Having a perfect accounting experience of more than 10 years in a Private Ltd Company.